Through teamwork and partnerships, Student Support Services strive to provide the appropriate educational, wellness, and specialized supports needed to prepare our students to become positive contributors to society.
Rich Township Student Support Services recognizes that every student is a diverse learner who requires different supports to continue to grow academically and/or functionally.
We will design and provide supports and services that meet the academic, physical, social, behavioral, wellness, and emotional needs of the whole student.
We will ensure that a spectrum of supports and service options are available to meet the present level of academic and developmental functioning for each student in order to advance their overall progress.
- Fidelity to our mission
- Everyone serves as an ethical advocate
- All students should receive equitable supports
- Demonstrate care, concern, and empathy
- To use research and evidence-based practices at all levels
- To develop diverse professionals that are proactive, competent, reflective, collaborative, and innovative
- To develop a diverse connected community that demonstrates trust, respect, and celebrates individual and collective actions.
Rich Township High School District 227 is committed to providing equitable educational experiences to all students regardless of severity or background. The purpose of Student Support Services is to design and support approaches, programs, and interventions that address the unique needs of all learners. We provide a full continuum of services to encourage student’s academic and developmental success. We are committed to providing the most appropriate services to promote life-long learning and development for current and post-secondary success through successful partnership with parents, teachers, school personnel, and community stakeholders. We provide the following programs and services:
- Multi-Tiered Systems of Supports
- Special Education
- Students in Temporary Living Situations
- English Learners
- Home/Hospital Instructional Program
- Guidance Counseling