The Facility Advisory Committee (FAC) will provide the board and administration with expertise, oversight and guidance on the district’s facilities and infrastructure, master facilities plan, strategic plan and proposed capital improvement projects. The committee’s input will focus on investment among buildings, energy efficiency, environmental sustainability and accessibility. The committee may take on additional activities as authorized by the board, and its actions will be governed by the board’s policies.
The FAC will consist of two board members, the assistant superintendent for finance and operations, the director of buildings and grounds, seven board-appointed community members and one student who possess relevant experience and knowledge. The superintendent will serve as an ex-officio member of the committee. The board will ensure that community members’ participation on the committee will not create a conflict of interest.
The committee will meet on a monthly basis during the school year.
DUTIES OF FAC COMMITTEE
- Examining the impact of the strategic plan on the district’s facilities.
- Reviewing the district’s master facilities plan, including the phasing of proposed multi-year improvements.
- Reviewing the district’s proposed capital improvement projects, including consideration of the impact on equity among buildings.
- Investigating industry trends, best practices, environmental sustainability and accessibility.
- Providing guidance and recommendations on facilities issues.
- Providing the board with a report summarizing the FAC’s activities, noting any significant issues or trends during the preceding and succeeding fiscal years.
District 227 Seeks Community Members to Serve on Facilities Advisory Committee
Committee will draw on the expertise of individuals with experience in construction,
architecture, HVAC, engineering, building acquisition and related fields
Rich Township High School District 227 is seeking two (2) dedicated individuals from the community to serve on its Facilities Advisory Committee (FAC) for a one-year term.
Specifically, the district is looking for those with backgrounds in construction, architecture, HVAC, engineering, building acquisition and related fields.
The District 227 Board of Education has charged the committee with providing expertise, oversight and guidance on the district’s facilities and infrastructure, master facilities plan, strategic plan and proposed capital improvement projects.
The Committee will consists for five (5) members. Currently, there is a vacancy for two members.
All FAC meetings will be subject to the Illinois Open Meetings Act. To learn more about the committee and to apply as a potential member, please visit http://www.rich227.org/FAC.aspx