Rich Township High School District 227 has an outstanding history and tradition in interscholastic athletics and competitive activities throughout the state of Illinois. Our students are provided with excellent facilities, equipment, coaches, and opportunities. We are excited that you have chosen to take advantage of those opportunities.
This handbook will provide you with important information about the athletic and activity programs in our district. When you become a member of a team in Rich Township High School District 227, there are numerous expectations you will need to meet. Many of them are explained in this handbook, so please read it carefully. This handbook also will answer questions you may have regarding athletic/activities policies and procedures within District 227.
We welcome your participation in District 227 athletics and activities and extend to you our assistance and best wishes for a successful experience.
The program will:
- Be a well-coordinated part of the school curriculum.
- Justify the use of tax funds and school facilities because of the educational aims achieved.
- Be conducted by school authorities in full compliance with the provisions of Title IX.
- Provide opportunities for many students to participate in a variety of activities throughout the year.
- Foster training in conduct, game ethics, and sportsmanship for participants.
- Encourage respect for conference and state rules and policies under which the school program is conducted.