The mission of the Office of Educational Services is to support the delivery and execution of high-quality instruction.
We envision an ambitious curriculum combined with rigorous instruction that prepares students to be ready for college and career success.
How must we behave in order to make our vision a reality?
- Collaborative Professional Learning Community time and meetings (local and district-wide)
- Continual support for teachers
- Required interventions early so all students are successful
- Data-driven decision making and action processes
- Rigorous curriculum for all students
- Continual Professional Development with researched best practices
- Open-mindedness – open to make changes and take risks in the classroom
- Constant evaluation of the three critical questions of PLC:
- What do we want the students to know?
- How will we know that they have learned it?
- What will we do if they do not learn it? (DuFour, 2002)
The purpose of the administration and staff of the Office of Educational Services is to support the district’s three campuses’ efforts to impact teaching and student learning. All four of the departments, Curriculum, Instruction and Data, Student Support Services, Professional Development and Grants, and Career and Technical Education, work together to meet the needs of students, staff, and stakeholders to achieve district goals.