The goal of District 227's Parent University is to cultivate healthy working relationships and empower parents, families and community members to support our students in long-term success. Participation in Parent University will improve educational outcomes for all students by establishing open communication and collaboration among parents, students, and District 227 staff. Parent University will provide capacity building opportunities for parents and families.
Parent University Goals:
- Increase student achievement
- Build partnerships with parents and community
- Effectively communicate district initiatives
- Empower families & community
- Close the communication gap between families and the communities
- Establish pipeline to resources/services
We will be hosting our first Parent University class on Wednesday, February 26, 2020, 8:30 am - 2:00 pm, at Prairie State Community College (202 S. Halsted St., Chicago Heights, IL 60411). Please RSVP by February 14, 2020, at email@example.com to secure your spot.