The Facility Advisory Committee (FAC) will provide the board and administration with expertise, oversight and guidance on the district’s facilities and infrastructure, master facilities plan, strategic plan and proposed capital improvement projects. The committee’s input will focus on investment among buildings, energy efficiency, environmental sustainability and accessibility. The committee may take on additional activities as authorized by the board, and its actions will be governed by the board’s policies.
The FAC will consist of two board members, the assistant superintendent for finance and operations, the director of buildings and grounds, seven board-appointed community members and one student who possess relevant experience and knowledge. The superintendent will serve as an ex-officio member of the committee. The board will ensure that community members’ participation on the committee will not create a conflict of interest.
The committee will meet on a monthly basis during the school year.
DUTIES OF FAC COMMITTEE
- Examining the impact of the strategic plan on the district’s facilities.
- Reviewing the district’s master facilities plan, including the phasing of proposed multi-year improvements.
- Reviewing the district’s proposed capital improvement projects, including consideration of the impact on equity among buildings.
- Investigating industry trends, best practices, environmental sustainability and accessibility.
- Providing guidance and recommendations on facilities issues.
- Providing the board with a report summarizing the FAC’s activities, noting any significant issues or trends during the preceding and succeeding fiscal years.
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE COMMITTEE?
Rich Township High School District 227 is seeking dedicated individuals from the community with backgrounds, interest and/or knowledge in construction, architecture, HVAC, engineering, building acquisition or related fields who are interested in applying to serve, in a voluntary capacity, on our Facilities Advisory Committee (FAC) for a term of one year. The board is currently looking to fill seven openings on the committee. Individuals who would like to be considered for membership are asked to submit a resume and a brief statement that answers the following three questions:
1. Why do you want to serve on the FAC committee?
2. What role can you play in advising or supporting the board on activities such as providing oversight and guidance on the district’s facility needs, as well as proposed capital improvement projects?
3. What experience do you have in strategic facilities planning?
Please submit your resume and statement to Alicia Evans at email@example.com.
All interested parties must apply by November 1, 2019.